Sarapen

Friday, June 16, 2006

It begins

I started this blog merely as a way for me to post comments on Blogger.

My real blog is Sarapen, which is a research blog I write for my Master's research on Filipino bloggers. Briefly, the project examines transnational identity among Filipino bloggers. I'm a social anthropology grad student, so expect things to get theoretical at times. I'm also a 1.5 generation Filipino Canadian, so this research has a certain personal meaning to me. (If you're wondering what 1.5 generation means, then feel free to go to Sarapen and see for yourself)

I put Sarapen at edublogs.org because first, it's free and has absolutely no ads (it started as a philanthropic project by some Australian millionaire -- $9000/year for hosting fees is peanuts to the mega-rich). Second, it's powered by WordPress, which is a very flexible piece of software. Third, it lets you build wikis. And finally, it's neutral territory -- it's not Livejournal, it's not Myspace, it's not Xanga or Blogspot or MSN Spaces or TypePad or whatever.

And that, dear reader, is that.

1 Comments:

Blogger francessa said...

Hi, J de Leon,

just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog. I haven't posted there for a long time. How's research going?

December 18, 2006 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home